Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Start of 2013 CrossFit Open

13.1 and 13.2 have been awesome thus far! Not only fun and challenging but seeing other surpass their goals makes you pumped out of this world.

13.1 ended in a score of 155 where the 100lb snatches became very difficult very quickly. 13.2 was definitely my cup of tea. I imagined in my head that I was playing a half of rugby sevens and I went all out for 10 minutes gaining a score of 275. I was stoked to get that score but then quickly realized that the highest score was 383! Sam Briggs really killed it, she is currently beating both men and women by 20+ reps!

Now that I am recovering from the crazy workouts this week I have my sights set on the Olympic Eagle Training Center Camp in Atlanta, GA this coming weekend. While I would love to have some green beer with the rest of the leprechauns, I'm afraid I will be keeping clean and reloading the machine.

Today's Workout:

Starting off with mobility I will be getting some band work in and really trying to loosen the hips from all the box jumps Thursday. Quality time with the foam roller and activating the Glutes with some bridges and core work using static planks and L-sits.

Long slow run planned today with the coolest pup I know (the Rue Bug, you will get to know her soon) and finish off with 5x3 Front squats and Hand Stand Push Ups.

Fun for this evening is catching the UFC 158 GSP (my favorite fighter) vs Diaz!

Its a good time to get better. Now go get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment